With the help of the Oregon Department of Agriculture and Oregon Department of Forestry, we have developed an interactive online map of reported gorse sightings. Want to help in our mapping efforts? Go to our Reporting page to find out how you can report gorse!
In 2014 the Gorse Action Group, among other partners, began collecting on the ground data of gorse coverage to aid in the development of a computer model that uses aerial footage to accurately predict gorse presence. Below are documents describing this project and its outcomes, including initial mapping efforts, flight lines used to collect aerial footage, and the project report detailing model results.
- Oregon Department of Forestry: Mapping the Invasive Plant Gorse, September 2014
- Random Forest Modeling, 2016
- Gorse Mapping Project Flight Lines, September 2015
- Aerial Imagery Classification for Gorse Presence, 2015
- Gorse Action Group Aerial Mapping Project Poster
- Aerial Gorse Mapping Proposal, 2013
- Early Mapping Efforts Lead to GAG, May 2011